What’s going on in June
Another month has come and gone. Several health campaigns and events are scheduled for the month of June and once again, I’ve prepared a shortlist for BOL readers.
Events in June:
- World Fertility Awareness Month, sponsored by WorldFAM
- US Home Safety Month, sponsored by the Home Safety Council
Check out for downaloadablesafety resources!
- UK Help a Heart Campaign, organized by the British Heart Foundation
- US National Aphasia Awareness Month, organized by the National Aphasia Association
- Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Month in the US
- International Childhood Cancer Campaign Month, organized by the Optimist International
- US Vision Research Month, sponsored by Prevent Blindness America
Also happening in June:
- June 1 to 7 is US Sun Safety Week, sponsored by the Sun Safety Alliance
Sun Safety Alliance
- June is 1 to 7 US National CPR and AED Awareness Week, sponsored by the American Heart Association
- June 7 to 13 is US National Headache Awareness Week, organized by the National Headache Foundation
Theme: Chart your course to relief
- June 8 to 14 is UK Down’s Syndrome Week
Down’s Syndrome Association
- June 14 is World Blood Donor Day
hosted by Australia this year!
- June 15 to 21 is UK Breathe Easy Week
British Lung Foundation
- June 21 to 27 is Helen Keller Deaf – Blind Awareness Week, organized by the Helen Keller National Center on Helen Keller’s birthday on June 27.
- June 21 is US National ASK, organized by PAX/Real Solutions to Gun Violence Day
(ASK = Asking Saves Kids)
June Health Chats at Cleveland Clinic:
- Friday, June 5, 2009 – 12 noon (EST)
About Face: Plastic Surgery Webchat, by Dr. P. Daniel Knott
- Tuesday, June 9, 2009 – 12 noon (EST)
New Options to Improve Your Odds of Becoming Pregnant, by Dr. Julie Tan
- Tuesday, June 16, 2009 – 12 noon (EST)
Pain, Pain Go Away – How Behavioral and Rehabilitation Therapies Helps Kids Manage Chronic Pain, by Dr. Gerard Banez,
- Friday, June 19, 2009 – 12 noon (EST)
Is your memory failing you? Let’s do something about it, by Dr. Randolph Schiffer.