What Does a Celebrity Newborn Picture Cost?
Hello. My name is Brit, and I’m a trashy magazine junkie.
OK, I admit it, I brought the magazines to see Nicole Ritchie and Christina Aguilera’s babies. And I bet you did too. Or at least, read them while you were queuing at the supermarket. Ever wondered how much those celebrities are paid for those photos? Well, here’s how much.
From the most expensive to the least…..
- Jennifer Lopez – reportedly has sold the exclusive rights for photos of her twins for $6 million
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt – sold photos of Shiloh for $4 million, a record at the time, and all donated to charity
- Christina Aguilera – paid $1.5 million after a fight between People and OK magazines for photos of her and baby Max
- Nicole Ritchie – $1 million for photographs of baby Harlow
- Jamie-Lynn Spears – reportedly has a deal for $1 million when her baby is born
- Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes – photos of Suri appeared in Vanity Fair. Cost – $0. The couple weren’t paid for the photos.
Good on you, Angelina and Brad, for donating your fee to charity. Wonder if they will do the same for their next baby? And will Jennifer Lopez’s $6 million record make magazines pay even more for the next Jolie-Pitt babe? At least I feel a bit better about my celebrity magazine habit if the money is going to charity.
So with all the pregnant celebrities about at the moment, whose baby are you most excited to see?